Ubiquiti Rocket 2 AC - Refurbished
airMAX ax base station with airPrism Technology
Product in perfect condition but due to the condition of the outer packaging, it does not meet Landatel's standards for new products.
Ubiquiti Networks has designed airMAX radios with high performance and ease of installation in mind. The Rocket®2AC Prism offers airMAX ac and airPrism technologies for maximum wireless performance in high-density areas.
Combine the Rocket 2AC Prism with airMAX antennas for optimal performance:
- Backhaul PtP link with RocketDish antennas
- PtmP links with airMAX Sectors
2.4 GHz coverage
Deploy the Rocket 2AC Prism anywhere in the world. It offers full 2.4 GHz spectrum coverage with a single radio. Rocket 2AC Prism allows flexibility in channel bandwidth configuration (subject to local country regulations).
Plug and Play integration
Rocket radios and airMAX antennas have been designed to work seamlessly. Each airMAX antenna has a built-in Rocket mount, so installation requires no special tools.
Unlike standard Wi-Fi protocol, Ubiquiti's AirMAX ac Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) protocol allows each client to send and receive data using predefined time intervals programmed by an intelligent AP controller.
This time-slot method eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes airtime efficiency, so airMAX ac technology provides performance improvements in latency, noise immunity, scalability and throughput compared to other open-air systems in its class.
- QoS: Intelligent QoS priority assigned to voice/video for continuous streams.
- Scalability: High capacity and scalability.
- Long Distance Capable: of high speed and carrier links.
Next-generation airMAX ac technology enhances the benefits of Ubiquiti's patented TDMA protocol.
Ubiquiti's airMAX engine with custom IC dramatically improves the latency and scalability of the TDMA network. The custom silicon provides hardware acceleration capabilities to the airMAX scheduler to support the high data rates and dense modulation used in airMAX ac technology.
AirMAX ac supports high data rates, which require dense modulation: 256QAM - a significant increase from 64QAM, which is used in airMAX.
With their use of airMAX ac technology, airMAX ac products support up to 330 Mbps (maximum 40 MHz channel width), true TCP/IP throughput - up to three times the throughput of standard airMAX products.
To enhance the performance of airMAX ac, Ubiquiti Networks introduces our patented airPrism technology, featured in the Rocket 2AC Prism, model R2AC.
High data rates require a high signal to noise ratio (SNR), which is difficult to achieve, especially in areas of high density and noise.
Integrated into Ubiquiti's custom silicon, airPrism technology creates high SNR by isolating signals within the operating channel and rejecting interference using a specialized circuit, the High Selectivity Receiver (HSR).
Depending on the product model and mode of operation, available channel widths may include 10, 20 or 40 MHz.
Theoretically the APs operate on different channels; however, due to the wider channel bandwidths, there may be overlap in spectrum usage.
The airPrism technology eliminates up to 30 dB of additional adjacent channel interference through the active filtering design, so an airMAX ac AP with airPrism technology can provide significantly higher performance than a typical AP.
Facilitates PA Co-Location
Co-location is vital in many scenarios. For example, a WISP may have limited tower space, so it must co-locate all access points within that assigned footprint. Shielding and other means can decrease interference, but may be impractical.
By deploying AirMAX ac APs with airPrism technology, you can search for access points and improve the overall performance of your wireless network.
With a new design for improved usability, airOS® v8 is the revolutionary operating system for Ubiquiti® airMAX ac products.
Powerful wireless functions
- PtMP airMAX access point Mixed mode
- AirMAX ac Support Protocol
- Long-range point-to-point link mode (PtP)
- Selectable channel width
- PtP: 10/20/40 MHz
- PtMP: 10/20/40 MHz
- Automatic channel selection
- Transmission power control: automatic / manual
- Automatic distance selection (ACK Timing)
- Stronger WPA2 security
- airMagic® channel selection tool
- Dynamic configuration changes
- Instant input validation
- Redesigned user interface
- HTML5 Technology
- Optimization for mobile devices
- Detailed device statistics
- Diagnostic tools, including Ethernet cabling test, RF diagnostics and AirView® Spectrum Analyzer
The Main tab displays the following RF information:
- Persistent RF error vector magnitude (EVM) constellation constellation graphs
- Histograms Carrier to Interference Plus Noise Ratio (CINR)
- Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) time series plots
AirView allows you to identify noise signatures and plan your networks to minimize noise interference. AirView performs the following functions:
- Constantly monitors ambient noise
- Collects energy data points in real-time spectral views
- Helps optimize channel selection, network design and wireless performance.
AirView runs in the background without disabling the wireless link, so there are no network interruptions.
In airView, there are three spectral views, each representing different data.
- Cascade Aggregate energy collected for each frequency
- Waveform The aggregate energy harvested
- Ambient noise level Background noise energy is shown as a function of frequency.
AirView provides powerful spectrum analyzer functionality, eliminating the need to rent or purchase additional equipment to perform site surveys.