HPE OfficeConnect 1420 5G Switch (JH327A)
5 RJ-45 ports with 10/100/1000 auto-sensing.000
- Unmanaged plug-and-play Gigabit Ethernet switching
- Green features for low energy consumption
- Fanless design for quiet operation
- Quality of service capabilities to improve network efficiency
The HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series consists of enterprise-class unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switches for small businesses and others seeking basic plug-and-play Layer 2 connectivity for their network. The 1420 Switch Series includes nine Gigabit switches: 16 10/100/1000 ports, 24 10/100/1000 ports with two Gigabit SFP ports, 24 10/100/1000 ports of which 12 are Power over Ethernet (PoE+) enabled with a total PoE power budget of 124W, and 24 10/100/1000 ports with two 10GbE SFP+ ports. The 1420 switch series also includes a 5-port 10/100/1000, a 5-port 10/100/1000 with 4 of the 5 ports as PoE+ ports, an 8-port 10/100/1000, an 8-port 10/100/1000 with 8 of the 8 ports as PoE+ ports, and a 24-port 10/100/1000 single switch. They are fanless for silent operation.
HPE OfficeConnect 1420 switches support Quality of Service (QoS) and have IEEE 802.3x flow control features that improve network efficiency. Simplified plug-and-play convenience is supported by features such as auto-MDIX and auto-speed negotiation. Hewlett Packard Enterprise has innovated and combined the latest advances in silicon technology to bring you some of the most energy-efficient switches available. All models support the IEEE 802.3az energy-efficient Ethernet standard, as well as automatic shutdown mode on idle ports and power saving on short distance cables. With their quiet fanless operation, these switches are ideal for office deployment. HPE OfficeConnect 1420 switches come with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Unmanageable, provides plug-and-play simplicity.
- Automatic negotiation automatically selects the speed of each port, based on the customer's capabilities; eliminating the need for manual intervention allows for simple plug-and-play operation.
- The complete LED display with per-port indicators provides an overview of the status, activity, speed and full-duplex operation of the switches.
- Flow control helps to ensure reliable communications during full-duplex operation.
- HPE/IEEE Auto-MDIX, automatically adjusts to straight-through or crossover cables on all RJ-45 ports.
- Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 connectivity supports high-speed Ethernet connections over very affordable Category 5 copper cabling.
- 10 Gigabit fibre connectivity.
Future-proof 10-Gigabit technology enables high-speed fibre connection to servers or other switches, with connection flexibility via optional SFP+ or SFP transceivers.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE+) IEEE 802.3at provides up to 30W per port, enabling support for the latest PoE+ capable devices such as IP phones, wireless access points and security cameras, as well as any IEEE 802.3af compliant end device; reduces the cost of cabling and additional electrical circuits that would otherwise be required in IP phone and WLAN deployments (for the PoE model).
- Support for low-power Ethernet supports the new IEEE 802.3az standard; and enables lower power consumption, when operating with IEEE-compliant client devices in 100 Mb/s mode only.
- half-/full-duplex auto-negotiation capability on each port doubles the throughput of each port.
- Compatibility with Jumbo frames allows frames of up to 9,216 bytes to be switched over the network.
- The fanless design enables quiet operation for deployment in open spaces.
- The internal power supply offers convenience of operation and a suitable environment for business operations.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- IEEE 802.1p prioritisation delivers data to devices, based on priority and type of traffic.
- Support for DiffServ Code Point (DSCP) allows prioritisation of traffic in real time, based on L3 TOS/DSCP parameters.