BQNT-AA1G-PM - Bequant 1 Gbps Monthly License (>2Gbps)
Bequant 1 Gbps License Monthly Payment (>2Gbps), Installation included in price
TCP Optimization and Acceleration
The Bequant BQN product, with Bequant TCP Acceleration (BQN BTA) functionality, increases the speed of TCP traffic passing through it.
The TCP protocol, which carries about 80% of Internet traffic, can limit the network speed experienced by users, especially in networks with wireless links, high latencies or packet loss. Under these conditions, TCP ends up sending at a significantly slower speed than the network supports. The result is an unsatisfactory user experience, with slower browsing and poorer video quality, which Bequant BQN can improve.
Transparent TCP Proxy
The Bequant BQN works as an inline transparent TCP proxy (it is a PEP with local ACK according to RFC 3135). It receives TCP traffic and forwards it faster thanks to its enhanced TCP stack, keeping a minimal temporal buffer, just enough to make TCP connections appear closer to clients. And closer, with TCP, means faster, especially if packet losses need to be recovered. Unlike non-transparent HTTP proxies, BQN does not change IP addresses, ports or TCP streams, and requires no changes or configurations on clients or servers.
BQN nodes are transparently deployed in the path of traffic to be optimized. Non-TCP traffic is simply forwarded.
Faster TCP stack
Bequant's TCP stack is designed specifically for wireless and lossy networks, where it outperforms other TCP implementations, such as Linux's Cubic, Akamai's FastTCP and Google's BBR. It is self-configuring, with learning algorithms to adapt to changing network conditions for different users.
- Increases TCP traffic speed by up to 100%, improving user experience and generating more revenue and loyalty.
- Faster browsing and a more responsive Internet experience.
- Shorter video start-up time and higher resolution for adaptive clients (ABR), as well as fewer stalling episodes.
- It optimizes all TCP traffic, including encrypted traffic, which is already prevalent.
- Retransmissions are handled locally by the BQN, improving network efficiency. Retransmissions due to packet losses in access do not increase interconnection traffic and, similarly, those due to interconnection losses do not increase access traffic.
- By acting as a TCP proxy, the BQN serves content from closer, reducing effective latency, improving network responsiveness and congestion fairness.
- It is easy to deploy, requiring no changes to the network, clients or servers.
- The BQN is self-adjustable and does not require a configuration adapted to the network, only a management IP address.
In order to purchase this license, it is necessary to have previously purchased a Bequant server from Landatel. BQNT-SERVa Base License BQNT-500M-PM and extension licenses BQNT-A500M-PM y BQNT-A1G-PM
Installation included in the price.
The Bequant BQN is beneficial in multiple situations: wherever there are high network latencies, wireless links or if high speeds are desired. Below are several examples illustrating where in the network BQN can be deployed.
- Network Service Provider. In a network service provider, the BQN is normally deployed in the exchanges, near the access gateways.
- Enterprises. A company can deploy the BQN in its corporate data center and also in its offices or branches. A BQN deployment in the data center improves access to corporate applications from branch offices and by employees teleworking or traveling. A BQN in a branch office improves local access to the Internet and remote corporate applications. BQNs do not have to be paired on both sides of the connection. A BQN can be deployed only in the data center, only in the branch offices, or in both locations. When deployed at both the data center and the branch offices, BQN optimization increases its effects. This increase can be especially noticeable when there are very high latencies, for example, when delegations are on different continents.
- Wi-Fi access points. Wi-Fi access points, such as those found in hotels, can benefit greatly from deploying a BQN to optimize all their TCP traffic, since they typically have the three conditions that are particularly adverse to TCP and that the BQN product improves: wireless network, packet loss due to unavoidably uneven coverage, and distant Internet traffic (e.g., hotel guests accessing content from their home countries). Only a single BQN is needed near the Internet exit router.
- Content Provider / Hosting. A content (e.g. OTT video) or hosting provider deploys the BQN in front of the servers whose traffic it needs to optimize. The BQN improves the quality of experience when accessing the provider's content or the servers it hosts. For example, hosted servers can benefit from Bequant's high-performance TCP while maintaining their preferred operating system.
A BQN node is inserted in-line as a bump-in-the-wire in the path of the traffic to be optimized. Only TCP traffic and its associated ICPM (necessary to discover the MTU) need to be routed through the BQN. The rest of the traffic (e.g. UDP) may or may not be routed through the BQN, which will forward it transparently in any case.
No IP addresses are needed in the data plane. The connection through the BQN is like a physical link: packets received on one port are forwarded on the opposite port.
It is recommended to establish a bypass route external to the BQN to reroute traffic in case of failure. OSPF, BGP, BFD and LACP are examples used in real deployments, although others are possible (Bequant BQN is transparent to the type of monitoring).
Bequant BQN requires a management IP address. Management options include a command line interface (CLI) over SSH for advanced configuration and a web interface (GUI) for the most common tasks.
Both upstream and downstream traffic must be taken into account when sizing.
You can request the user manual through firstname.lastname@example.org (only to licensed customers).
You can request the API Rest guide from email@example.com (only to licensed customers).
You can request the RADIUS login guide from firstname.lastname@example.org (only to licensed customers).